Friday, November 5, 2010

October in a Nutshell

Since it's been a while since I've blogged I'll just have to wrap October into one post cause I'm lazy that way ;) I think I'll do this as a picture post and just make it easy on me.

The boys got new desks, these were on sale at Toys R Us for $16 and they are worth every single penny. They both love coloring and writing at their own desks and I don't have to worry about them ruining my new dinning table.

We went on our yearly visit to Chester's Party Barn in Piedmont to the Pumpkin Patch. The boys enjoyed the pony ride as usual, and this was the first year they did not have daddy or mommy walking next to them. They did wonderfully. Here's a shot of Kaleb:
And here's a shot of Zachary:


I didn't get a picture of the 'hay' ride, which doesn't not include any hay but here is our trek through the corn maze:

This is the big slide at the end of the corn maze which all the kids and most of the dads enjoy. Here's Zac coming down:
And Kaleb going up:
They had a couple wheelbarrows out so Jerry decided to load the boys up and push them around:
Lately Zachary and Kaleb like to play cowboy and horse, Kaleb is always the cowboy and Zachary is always the horse, oddly enough this never causes a fight, this particular time Kaleb happened to have a cowboy hat and gun:

And our Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:
Here is trick or treating at the Haunt the Zoo:
Spider Web cookies for Halloween:
Halloween Cake Pops:
Going out trick or treating the night before Halloween (that's what happens when you live in Oklahoma and Halloween lands on a Sunday!)

The boys started swim lesson in October, at first I thought it would be a complete disaster but then we switched instructors for Zachary and he did awesome, he even graduated from the Pike class to Eel class by the end of the session. Here's Kaleb on the side of the pool:
And Kaleb with his instructor Andrew, Andrew is very nice, but is too nice, he let Kaleb off the hook too easily.
Here is Zachary with the most awesome instructor MaryAnn:
I decided for Christmas this year I wanted to get my hair done, since I'm growing it out, it is between lengths and I cannot do anything with it. It is straight as straight can be and limp and lifeless so I decided to go for an early gift and get some me time before Jerry's last business trip.
My before picture:
My after picture:
Much happier now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...