Thursday, November 18, 2010

And another thing (more on body scanners and pat down searches)

Lucky for you I have problems sleeping and couldn't stop thinking about my post yesterday ;)

First, as I said, I was a police officer and as a police officer I had to have PROBABLE CAUSE to pat search a person, I couldn't just go up to any and every person in a location and pat search them.  Just because I buy a ticket to fly to some place I'm not giving anyone probable cause that I intend to do anything other than get on a plane peacefully and fly to my destination, so what right do they have to search me in any way?  And you may say, well, you consented when you bought the ticket...well, what if I do my research and specifically search out an airport without body scanners but then arrive at the airport, check my baggage and proceed to the security check point only to get to the front of the very long line only to find that I have to chose between a body scan or a pat down (and this has happened more than once in the past week alone).  If you refuse these 2 choices and retrieve your bags and leave you open yourself up to criminal charges, I'm not sure how but you do.

Second, All this increased security in answer to this supposed call for increasing our safety since 9-11 is bullshit.  I highly doubt the next terrorist attack will happen the same way 9-11 did, for the reason I mentioned in my last post (the general public being too aware and not willing to sit back and take it) and that there are too many other ways to hit the United States much more easily and tragically before we ever knew what was happening.  Subways, trucks, rails, suicide bombers in very public areas for instance.

Third, There are only 2 things that see my naked body, my mirror which I apologize to on a daily basis ;) and my husband, no apology necessary ;)  I know, I should be proud of myself and I am, just not of how I look at present.  My doctor doesn't even get to see me naked, I get the decency of wearing a piece of paper for those visits.

And last but certainly not least, for those of you who think this does not affect you because the airport you are using does not yet have body scanners, you still have metal detectors...oh just wait, do I have a surprise for you!  Now, since the body scanners have made such a hoopla this part has not gotten all the attention but you know how when you go through the metal detector and you set it off because you forgot you had a dime in your pocket so you rechecked your pocket and emptied it and got to go back through the metal detector?  Yeah, well, those days are O.V.E.R!  You now get to proceed to the PAT DOWN AREA!  Doesn't sound too bad yet does it?  Except that someone will be touching all your private parts, and yes I know they are 'supposed' to be using the back of their hands, uh huh, come on, and the qualifications and skill level of these highly qualified front line TSA agents are what again????  Oh yeah...high school graduate.  Yeah, they are looking for the cream of the crop there, aren't they?
Anyway, back to my point, imagine you've done your homework and booked your next flight through an airport not equipped with the body scan devices for your next family trip with your 13 year old daughter.  Your wife goes through the metal detector first without a problem, next up is your 13 year old and ding ding, oops, forgot about that hair clip, she now goes on to the pat down area where you and your wife are welcome to stand behind that line 10 feet away, it is explained that this young man, a "trained TSA agent" will be patting down your daughter head to toe including her chest and groin area, you cannot stop this process, and no, we do not have any female TSA agents available at this time but this is being recorded and we do have a supervisor here as well.  Leaving the airport at this point could result in criminal charges against you....So, are you going to fly or drive on your next family trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...