Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Reason

I do believe things happen for a reason.  I also believe that the reason, eventually, will be known.  


We decided in August to put an offer on a house in Mustang and put our house up for sale.  I said from the beginning that if everything didn't work out exactly the way I wanted that I was not going to move forward.  The first house fell through but we found another house that we liked and it was actually a lot better then the first house so we put in an offer on that house and it was accepted.  Our house was on the market with the closing date of the other house quickly approaching on October 31st.  Well, that came and went.  We decided to extend our offer until the end of November, even though I just knew it wasn't going to happen.  I didn't know why but I just knew this just wasn't "it".  I didn't know if it was the timing, the right house, the right school or what.  I knew the elementary school was a good one.  I knew I liked the house.  But the whole time something just didn't feel right.  So the November deadline came and still no decent offer on our house came so we took our house off the market and rescinded our offer on the other house.


Jerry and I discussed what we wanted to do next.   We could stay where we are but he really doesn't want to take care of our 1.25 acres.  We could put in another offer on the house we had the accepted offer on but again, something just wasn't jiving there.  So we discussed it.  We like the school the boys will be in for elementary school, but what about after that?  What about high school?  Oh, yeah, Mustang High School, well, it kinda sucks.  And it's not going to get any better in the next 10 years.  Mustang's population is going to increase but there isn't any room to bring in new businesses.  Yukon's population is going to increase but they are brining in new businesses to match.  


Ah Hah!  


So today we began looking at houses in the Yukon school district area.  The schools are at least equivalent to Mustang in elementary but as they get older there is definitely an advantage in Yukon.  Not to mention a brand spanking new High School slated to open in the next year or so. 


I have been unhappy with Mustang School's decision to delay all day kindergarten so they can rebuild their already new sports complex just to try to out-do Yukon's new complex (which they will never do in the first place).  I've talked to people in the community, both Yukon and Mustang and even the Mustang parent's and business's prefer Yukon at this point.  Mustang is a nice community, it's smaller but I do think Yukon is where we need to be looking right now.  It feels right.  And I think we found the neighborhood we like.  We drove through today and there were kids playing together and even dad's out playing with them, it was idyllic, it's what I want for my kids.  I even got out of the car and talked with a mom who was out un-decorating her  front yard with her 2 little boys.  We discussed the neighborhood and the schools, she's lived there for 6 years, loves the school and the area.  


So maybe this is the reason our house didn't sell when we had it up for sale.  Maybe this is why it didn't work out the way we wanted it to.


Then there's the whole blood clot thing...Which came first the blood clot or the surgery?


Was the clot sitting there threatening my life?  It could have been there for months.  I had calf pain for a while but I had been hiking or exercising and thought it was from over-exertion, and it could have been; or it could have been a clot but I didn't notice it because I was active.  Did the surgery save my life?  Is that why I've had to suffer with such bad knee pain for a year?  Maybe the surgery did cause the clot because I was on birth control pills?  That is entirely possible too.  I had an echo-cardiogram yesterday (and am now stressing about the results for no good reason), my family is rampant with heart problems, maybe the clot's whole purpose was to get the echo because a problem will be revealed?  I won't know that until I get the results.  Maybe it was to reveal a problem with my blood (a clotting disorder)?  Again, I won't know that until I get the results of a blood test that cannot be done until the clot is gone so that will be at least 3 months...so this reason won't be known for a while...


I'm not a religious person, mostly because I find it silly that every religion thinks that if you don't follow their religion they believe everyone else is going to hell or whatever version of hell they believe in.  I'm not sure I believe in the bible, at least not word for word, I tend to believe it's kind of like the game 'telephone' where someone says something and someone else repeats it then that person repeats it and by the time it was written it may have been contorted from it's original version.  I'm not saying it's a lie, I'm just saying I tend to believe it should have a 'warning' on it like a movie that say something like "based on actual events" instead of taking it literally word for word.  I do have a lot of respect for people who believe wholeheartedly in the bible and their faith, I'm just the type of person who needs evidence and, well, that's not faith is it?  


I do believe in God, I do believe in Angles, I do believe things happen for a reason, I do believe that everyone should treat people the way they want their mother or grandmother to be treated (well, their dad and grandfather too, but generally you want your mom or grandmother treated even kinder and gentler so that's my reasoning for that).  Mostly I believe in living my life 'so the preacher won't have to lie' to borrow from a title from one of my favorite songs.  


Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...