Monday, May 31, 2010

Walmart still sucks ass...

After our nice relaxing vacation we got back home at around 2 a.m. on Saturday morning. We all went to bed and got up and needed to go grocery shopping since I let most food items run out before the trip. First though, we needed gas, so I handed Jerry my seldom used one and only in case of emergency credit card, he swiped it and it would not authorize, so he went inside and it still wouldn't authorize so I gave him my debit card which worked. Crap. And on a 3 day weekend so I can't call the bank to see what is up. We go to Sam's club and I again tried my credit card just to see if it would work, nope, so I used the debit card again. When I got home I check my credit card account online and found a huge math problem, my balance was $16 (which I did spend), my limit is $1,000 and my available is only around $600, I'm no math wizard but even I know $600 + $16 does NOT equal $1,000! Today, Monday, at around 7 p.m. I get a phone call from the fraud department for my debit card showing activity in Charlotte North Carolina at a couple Walmarts, she confirms I'm still in Oklahoma and deactivates my card and told me to go to the bank tomorrow to fill out a report. She also said that the charges did go through on my account. Crap. So I check online to see how much has been debited from my account, no information on there so I checked my credit card, there is well over $300 charged and most of it in New York at 2 different Walmarts and a Macy's. I called and reported my number stolen so again I have to fill out a report tomorrow at the bank. So all my accounts are frozen and neither my debit card nor my credit card will be usable again until I am issued new cards. Oh, did I mention I'm leaving for Colorado in 2 weeks and these cards usually take at least that long to be mailed, especially when waiting for a PIN as well?!?!
Now my question is how the hell is someone in 2 different states using my information when I'm holding my credit card in my hand. I know they can swipe my card and steal the numbers but I haven't used either card at unfamiliar places where I didn't have the card(s) in my sight at all times. I didn't use both cards at any of the same places so how did someone get both of my numbers on the same day? All my statements are sent through e-mail so it's not a stolen mail issue. The numbers are not available online so even if someone hacked into my computer they wouldn't have the account numbers. And why the hell doesn't the shitty Walmart policy require employees to take 2 seconds to confirm identity before accepting a card? So yes, someone stole my numbers but still I blame Walmart for making it excessively easy for someone to use my numbers to make purchases then charged to ME. I will dance a gig of glee when Walmart fails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...