Thursday, June 3, 2010

Nearly $2000 taken from me in 1 day...thanks in large part to Walmart

Over $1600 debited from my checking/savings all at one Walmart in Charlotte North Carolina, 3 different purchases of $500 each, 2 in the same minute, then another transaction of $118 and an $8 transaction at the McDonald's inside that Walmart, so over $1600 stolen within an hour and no one in the god forsaken store ever bothered to check an id. Then in New York at another Walmart over $200 charged and then nearly $100 at a Macy's in New York.
I have come to the conclusion that my numbers were stolen at Sea World, San Antonio, it's the only place I used both cards, at different locations (1 at a cafe for lunch and 1 at a souvenir store). When I went to report this to the Mustang Police Department, the officer I was speaking with said his debit card information was stolen when he was at Sea World last spring which was when it dawned on me that it must have been there where this happened.
With some finagling I was able to get to the top of the refund list for Visa Debit and was refunded my money yesterday afternoon (after 4 days of no money), my credit card still has not been settled but I will give it til next week before I start making noise on that one. The credit union has been great, save one moronic man who answered my call one time.
I still, of course, have to be careful when planning outings/purchases because I do not have any plastic and a lot of places will not take checks. I'm hoping my new cards get here before I leave for Colorado and it would be really great if the PIN for at least my debit card got here before I left also, though I could always call and get that from Jerry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...