Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Why is May always so busy?

It seems like the moment May begins my days get hectic, always has seemed that way. Maybe because the weather is warmer and nicer and we can do more outside so I plan more? I don't know but I'm tired and it's only May 12th!

We had the first severe storm/tornado in our area for the year on Monday and round two is supposed to come in this evening.

Zachary has 9 more days of PreK left. We went to his end of the year slide show today and I'm so glad he had Mrs. Rakett for a teacher, so much so that I will try to request her for Kaleb in 2011.




Next week I have a parent's meeting for incoming T-Ball players for the YMCA. I'm not really sure what to expect, I'm hoping they don't do snack at each practice/game. I'm also hoping they will be understanding of Zac and Kaleb missing one week for vacation, I mean really, they have a short season which doesn't start until the end of May and goes to mid July, school starts again in mid August; people have to take vacation sometime, don't they?

Jerry's birthday lands when he will be in Fort Worth, Tx for training, that day is also Zac's last day of school (and payday!) so we will be heading down to Texas to share Jerry's company paid for HOTEL SUITE until Thursday then we will take the boys to Sea World and be back some time Friday. It'll be fun but hectic.

Zac's birthday is coming up quickly. I've decided that he will have a small birthday party, he's inviting 8 boys from school and I would be ecstatic if 3 or 4 showed up. The day after that we are taking the boys to a Red hawks game and may take one of Zac's friends with us. Then a few days later the boys and I leave for Colorado for a week. About 2 weeks after we get back it's 4th of July (and my birthday!) and finally a break until school starts on August 19th.

Part of our seemingly busy life in the spring comes from me wanting to take the boys to the zoo as much as possible. How many people live within 15 minutes of a zoo and have the opportunity to go more than once a week? I think the boys should go a lot and enjoy it often. It's also nice now that we can invite Zac's friend and his mom so I can enjoy a little adult conversation.

Oh, and by the way, my new camera takes AWESOME pictures! Or should I say, I take AWESOME pictures with my new camera ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...