Sunday, August 29, 2010

Need to make memories

I don't know why I've always felt this need to make sure we make memories at every chance, but I do. On Friday night we went to the drive-in with the boys, the movies were horrible (in my opinion) and I slept through most of them anyway but it was still fun and the boys always look forward to going.
Yesterday we went to our first Lowe's Build and Grow Workshop, (getting up for a 10 am activity when we didn't even get home until 4am because of the drive-in was so not appealing) but the boys loved it so we will plan to go to all the future workshops. Then we drove to Okarche for lunch at Eishen's where they happened to be having their local fair so we walked around that for a little bit. We really didn't want to go home yet when we were through so we drove north through a few small towns and to Enid. There is a park run by the Kiwanis Club where they have a train, carousel and some other rides along with normal park play structures. We rode the train and the carousel then let the boys play for a while. We also found an old metal, very high slide, you know like the ones that were around when we were kids? The boys loved it, and the best part was it was in the shade so it was actually enjoyable.
The boys had a lot of fun and I'm sure will ask in the near future to go to the 'train park' or the 'fast slide park' again. I'm not sure for how long they'll remember all the fun they had or even how long I'll remember the day but it was fun and a good way to spend the day.

Today we, as in I, have to clean the house for our 2nd open house in 2 weeks. The good news is that since the last open house was only 7 days ago the house is relatively clean, I just need to vacuum, dust, clean the tile floors, spruce up the bedrooms and I'll pretty much be done. I really need to get moving but my sunburn across the small of my back and my need for a lazy weekend day are getting in my way. I have until 2pm to get the house clean, and it will happen...just not right this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...