Thursday, August 26, 2010

Househunting...

So, we found this short sale house in The Pines neighborhood, we liked the house but it had a smallish backyard and backed up to commercial property, but the price was great. We started our shower install to get our house ready to put on the market and put a bid on the short sale. In the week it took us to get started on the bathroom (and cover the hole in the ceiling) there were 3 other bids put in on the house, after 8 months of nothing. So we put in our bid and didn't get the house. Originally we decided that if we didn't get the short sale we were not going to look at other homes, then we changed our minds.

After looking in a couple different areas we found another house in The Pines neighborhood for sale, the house was a much better layout, looked brand new (it's 12 years old, only 1 single female owner without kids), the backyard is much bigger but manageable, unlike the 1.2 acres we currently have. So we put in an offer and it was accepted. Our bathroom is finished now and the house has been on the market for 2 weeks and we've had no offers, I'm getting discouraged. We had an open house last Sunday and will have another this Sunday along with a Buyer's Open on Tuesday.

I keep trying to not get excited or to look forward to moving but I really like the other house and neighborhood. But like I said, I'm getting discouraged.

This is the front of the other house...




I'm not good at waiting and dealing with an unknown. I hate suspense in my life. But all I can do is wait and hope we get a good offer soon. I'd love to move Zachary to a new school. I'd love to live in a cul-de-sac with other kids for the boys to play with. I'd love to live walking distance to the park and eateries. I'd love to live in a house with a better layout and use of square footage than we have now (the new house is 1400 sqft, our current house is 1574 sqft but the new house has bigger bedrooms, closets, bathrooms and just an all around better layout). I'd love to live in a neighborhood with people similar to me (working or SAH moms with young kids). The neighborhood we're in now is nice and quiet but all the residents are older, retired, kids are gone or in high school so I feel like I'm alone out in the sticks sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...