Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Friends...

Zac has a friend in school, Maddox, who invited him over for a play date a couple weeks ago. I met with Maddox's mom, Jill, who I was surprised to find has a lot in common with me! Zac and Maddox are pretty good about including Kaleb in their play so we all decided to go to the zoo last week, it was a lot of fun to have someone to talk to who also stays at home and has an almost 5 year old and is in her 30's (I thought I was the oldest mom in the class, I still may be but it's nice to know there is at least 1 mom not even a year younger!) To hear another person say that their goal when they were younger was to be a wife and mother just shocked me, I thought I was the last throw back to the 50's out there.
Jill and I were talking about Kindergarten and realized that the boys will go to different elementary schools, granted Mustang is only about 7 miles across and 3 miles N/S but I fear that will put a damper on the boys' friendship and thus ours. I plan to try to stay in touch and get the boys together at least once or twice a month.
It's funny, I always wondered how all these moms of school aged kids were friends and now I know. Hopefully my circle of friends will grow as the boys go to school and make more friends and have more play dates because I've truly missed adult interaction even though I don't miss working one single bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...