Friday, April 30, 2010

It's the destination, not the journey...

All through life, in all different situations and usually when there is a bump in the road, someone will say "Life is about the journey, not the destination." Well, I've come to the conclusion that losing weight is completely about the destination and not the journey. If I thought of the countless hours I've spent on an elliptical or stationary bike or the countless repetitions on the weight machines I'd go nuts and quit right now...BUT, since January 7th 2010 I've lost 17 pounds and nearly 15 total inches. I'd still like to lose another 30 pounds and I'm not totally sure how many inches I want to lose, I'd like to lose another 2-3 pants sizes and not have a gut hanging over my seat belt whenever I get into a car. So I'll continue riding my bike to nowhere and peddling the elliptical and try to get 10,000 strides in an hour and lifting weights until I don't think I can lift anymore and hopefully when 2011 starts I'll have reached my goals and can begin to work out to maintain where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...