Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014

Well, I no longer work at Lowe's.

I was laid off on the 30th of December.

On the 27th of December my best friend's 9 year old daughter died.

On the 26th of December Jerry's grandfather had a heart attack and we found out his kidney's were nearly non functioning.

2013 up until December 25th was a pretty good year.

Zac, who is 8 1/2, has been an absolute ass lately.  He is rude, contrary, self absorbed, mean, whiny.  I just don't know what to do with him at this point.  Good news is he is getting plenty of time to read because he is sent to his room so often.  He has the most AR tests complete in his class by quite a few which is awesome because he has always struggled with reading.

Kaleb, who is 6 3/4, is starting to try to act like Zac.  Yesterday at cub scouts he didn't listen at all.  I swear he said "shit" right before the meeting started.  He apologized later but really the damage had been done at that point.  This kid is just too smart for his own good.  He's never gotten below a 100% on his spelling tests and I've never practiced with him (he's never brought words home to practice).  His math skills are above his grade level and he loves to read.

I'm going to buy my books for next semester tomorrow.  I'm taking 12 hours, all online, which I'm not particularly happy about.  Still trying to find a full time job too.

I started a biggest loser challenge with friends.  Everyone paid $20 at weigh-in on Jan 1st and there is $600 in the pot to the biggest loser (%age of weight lost) on March 31st.  So far, I haven't done a damn thing.

I'd love a fast forward button to see what 2014 has in store...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...