Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Financial Aid b.s.

Ok, so I decided to go back to school this Fall. I applied for financial aid.  I've talked with the financial aid people on several occasions.  All my paperwork was accurate.  I had graduated from this school with a 2 year degree 15ish years ago.  It was all there.  I was awarded enough PELL grant money to cover tuition and books for 2 semesters.  Now I get an e-mail that says that I don't qualify because it's been over X amount of time and I already have a degree.  Ok, but here's the thing...I'm going back to school for something completely different.  The government takes a crap load of money from us every pay day, I think they can spare a little for me to go to school.

Now I need to call the financial aid department again and see if this can go in my favor.  I'm so frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...