Thursday, November 5, 2009

Feeding the Giraffe and overheard conversations

The boys and I went to the OKC zoo yesterday, it was in the 70's, sunny and the most gentle breeze, it was wonderful. We walked through an area with huge leaves on the ground to see the Okapi and Zachary picked up 2 leaves and wanted to put them on his dresser at home so he carried them as we went to the giraffes. When we got to the giraffes one was right at the fence line eating grass, he looked up and saw Zachary holding the leaves and he tried to steal the leaves! Zachary would have none of that even though there were literally hundreds more just like it about 200 yards away. Zachary started feeding the giraffe leaves from the ground near by which were only about 1/3 of the size of the huge ones we got earlier. I didn't get any pictures because I decided not to bring my camera since we go to the zoo so often and there really aren't any photo ops. From now on the camera comes every.single.time! We're going back on Friday and hopefully the giraffes are as friendly so I can get some pictures.

Last night Zachary and Jerry were talking about Alabama, I have no idea why but Jerry mentioned that he went to Alabama when he was in the army to which Zachary said "You got to be a soldier man?" and Jerry said yes and Zachary asked "A real army soldier man?" and Jerry said yes, to which Zachary said "I want to be an army soldier like you." and Jerry said he needed to aim a bit higher to which Zachary said "Daddy can you touch the sky?", Jerry said no and Zachary said "Daddy, you didn't even try. I bet if you stand on your tippy toes you can touch the sky, just try daddy."

Kaleb and I went to Target yesterday because he wanted to share a pretzel from the cafe, I realized when we got there that Kaleb pronounces Target "Toy-Get" which is hilarious and quite accurate when you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...