Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Kaleb...still sick

We brought Kaleb to the doctor on Saturday and she said he has bronchitis and started him on another antibiotic. All day Saturday and Sunday he looked horrible. On Sunday he just wanted to cuddle all day, if I had to get up he would stand by the chair and just wait for me to get back and pick him back up :( His cough sounded like a whistle and he was so hot to the touch all weekend, he barely ate, which for Kaleb is NOT normal. So Monday I took his temp when he got up and it was 100.2, that's day 4 of a fever, called the doctor and by the time we got there his temp had finally gone down (he did lose 1 pound in a week). He was wheezing so she gave him a breathing treatment , he did great! Now he is on albuterol syrup - the stuff makes him so high it's cute. He talks to walls on that stuff :)

Zachary is doing well, still on his antibiotics until the 26th when we see the ENT. He keeps asking to go see his new doctor, goodness, the kid loves doctors and medicine! He is in love with baby dolls, he insists on having "Meadow" and her bottle with him at all times, at school he plays with the dolls there because I won't let him take "Meadow" in, she stays in the car, I tell him I watch her while he's in school :P I think Jerry would rather I got rid of the dolls, you know, "girl toys" (where's the eye roll smilie when you need it?)

I took the baby gate down from the boys' doorway last night. It was the first time I tried to get Kaleb to stay in bed without a barrier, he got up twice before 8:30pm, the last time I asked him if he wanted me to put the gate back up and he said "No" so I told him he had to stay in bed, if he got up one more time I was going to put the gate back up and he stayed in bed!

And what about me? I'm taking a chance and trying a job that I hope/think will be a good fit for me. It sounds too good to be true so I'm leery still. Jerry says I've never been happy at a job, what makes me think I'll be happy at this new one, I don't know but it's not like I'm leaving my 'safe' job so a little support would be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...