Wednesday, August 5, 2009

SAHM

So this is week 1 of staying home with the boys. So far we made jello jigglers (which Zachary calls jelly beans), we cleaned the boys room and most of the house. The boys have napped both days so far, Monday they didn't fall asleep til nearly 4pm and Tuesday they fell asleep around 1pm, so we're making progress.
It is a lot harder to keep up with activity with Primerica while staying home but once Zachary starts school on the 20th I am sure it will be easier. If not, I'm not concerned with it taking another year to really build up momentum.
Jerry put in for a transfer, I think he put in for Seattle and Chicago another one that might open is Amarillo. I'm torn on what I 'want'. I'm so ready to leave Oklahoma but staying here means free preK and all day kindergarten, which would be nice. Moving to Amarillo means lower cost of living, 4 hours closer to California and Colorado and only about a 5 hour drive to Albuquerque (we like to take weekend trips there). Chicago still appeals to me but the cost of living is a lot more and Seattle is just different, I've never been there, it could be nice. In any event we'll only be staying where ever we move for as short a time as possible - mostly waiting for a position to open in Colorado, I don't see us living in Amarillo, Seattle or Chicago for more than 5 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...